- Increase awareness especially amongst youths which are the market with the greatest growth potential.
- Increase attitudinal loyalty by building and reinforcing the relationship between consumers and YKKT. Also by creating ownership by allowing consumers to play a part in the decisions YKKT has to make.
- Close the Brand Imagery gap by creating new associations.
Although YKKT already has a Facebook page, we feel that it can be used more effectively. In order to get more participation on its Facebook page, YKKT can hold “like and share” competitions where members of the public are required to first like the YKKT Facebook page and then like and share certain posts in order to win prizes which can range from free meals to movie tickets, etc.
Also, in order to create a feeling of ownership, YKKT can ask for participation by consumers when making decisions such as new menu additions. This can be done through voting for which items they prefer or asking them to send in suggestions. This also encourages two-way communications between YKKT and its consumers which also contributes to building and strengthening the relationship.
- Increase awareness especially amongst youths which are the market with the greatest growth potential
- Increase attitudinal loyalty by building and reinforcing the relationship between consumers and YKKT.
As mentioned earlier, special focus must be paid to the “youths” market segment. As such, in conjunction with the use of social media, YKKT can have a Facebook “like and share” competition, Ya Kun. All day, Everyday!, which is targeted at only schools (JCs, Polys, Secondary Schools). Schools will compete against each other to get the most likes with the prize being a complementary lunch for the entire school consisting of the new menu offerings as well as YKKT’s signature items such as its kaya toast and coffee. In addition to serving the objectives stated above, this also serves the function of introducing and getting feedback about the new menu additions.
Ya Kun Time Capsule
- Increase understanding of the brand
- Heritage, “All-inclusive” and Relationships
- Refresh good memories to strengthen favorable associations
- Encourage people to connect with their pasts
- Reminisce with grandparents and parents while looking through old photos
We want to acquaint consumers with the history of YKKT through the usage of photo collages such as the one shown:
The blanks in the collages signify the fact that there is still a vital part of YKKT’s history that is missing in the collage which is our bread and butter kaya, our consumers! In order to show our appreciation to our customers, we will ask consumers to submit photos of their experiences at YKKT outlets. These photos will be integrated into the original collages and the completed collages will then be put up in stores around Singapore.